Online Student Portal
Welcome, Grainger Engineers!
All online courses are now supported through this space. To help guide you through the semester, the links below will provide you with the necessary program information for the semester, including links to the course materials, technical support pages, and policies. Please be sure to check this site frequently throughout the semester as we will post updated news and announcements. Have a wonderful semester!
Access Online Courses
Checklist for New and Returning Students
- Claim UIN (nine digit university identification number). Setup NetID and password and all other necessary account, including your university email account. (Official university correspondence and billing information will be sent to your university e-mail address. If you have not claimed your NetID and Password, please contact the Office of Online and Professional Engineering Programs at 217-333-6634.)
- How to choose a proctor / submit your Proposed Proctor form. (With few exceptions, all exams must be proctored. All students must submit a proctor form each semester and it must be submitted no later than the first Friday of the term.)
- Order textbooks. All textbook information is located at the Illini Union Bookstore or amazon. Please remember to order before the start of the term.
- Watch for an email from Office of Online and Professional Engineering Programs (O2PEP) to confirm your registration for the term, an email from the department outlining what to expect, and an email from the Professor/TA (this email will happen the first week of the term). All emails will be sent to your university email account. Please note that faculty and staff will only use your university email account, which is why it is extremely important to check this account on a daily basis.
- Please read this important information regarding payment and refunds and check the calendar for all important deadlines throughout the term, including the payment deadline.
- Pay your tuition bill before the deadline. Please note that all billing notification will be sent to your official university email account.
Did You Know
- Courses in the Engineering Online program are the same as the on-campus sections of each course.
- Engineering Online has been offering online courses since 1998.
- Diplomas awarded to Engineering Online students are the SAME as those awarded to resident students. Degrees and transcripts never distinguish between local and online delivery since it is the same program.
- Lecture recordings generally post 2 hours after the conclusion of the lecture.
- Engineering Online Courses are not self-paced. It is important to schedule time each week to watch the lectures and complete the assignments by the deadline.