Why Engage With Us?
Why the world comes to Illinois for engineers
The world’s top companies are drawn to The Grainger College of Engineering because of our global reputation for leadership in engineering research and education, plus our environment that promotes a unique culture of collaboration and innovation among the nation's brightest engineers and faculty. Alongside our team you will foster collaborative opportunities where industry and research can generate technology and breakthroughs that spur innovation. We’ll work with you to build strategic partnerships in areas such as sponsored research, recruitment, continued education and philanthropy.
Top 10 ranked degree programs
Overall ranking among undergraduate programs in the U.S.
Overall ranking among graduate programs in the U.S.
- One of the world’s top engineering colleges with 15 undergraduate and graduate programs ranked in the top 10
- $40M+ of corporate sponsored research per year
- 2000+ research projects per year
- Over 1/3 of our Assistant Professors win National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Awards
60+ state-of-the-art centers, labs, and institutes
Grainger Engineering incubators provide students with superior research capabilities in the fundamental engineering sciences and in collaboration with industrial and governmental laboratories. Expert faculty lead students in their maximization of the world-class research infrastructure and cutting-edge technology available at the University of Illinois. This combination of expertise and access drives fundamental and groundbreaking discoveries that can rapidly transfer to and impact society.
- 30+ companies founded by faculty and students
- Top 10 in the country for venture capital investments per capita
- Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors and winners of the American Ingenuity Award
- 120+ companies in our adjacent top-ranked Research Park
- Start-up assistance through University owned EnterpriseWorks incubator, named as one of Inc Magazine's "Top 3 College Town Incubators"
Top 10 for total research expenditures among Colleges of Engineering (ASEE)
Research is essential, intricate, and synonymous with the Grainger College of Engineering. It is who we are and what we do. Students in all disciplines experience the power of research and how it both deepens their course understanding, increases their professional potential, and also makes an impact on the world around them.