Why Engage With Us?
Why the world comes to Illinois for engineers
The world’s top companies are drawn to Illinois because of our global reputation for leadership in engineering research and education, plus our environment that promotes a unique culture of collaboration and innovation among the nation's brightest engineers and faculty. In the Engineering Corporate Relations team, we work with companies to assess your needs and identify the academic units, laboratories, centers, faculty, and students that can help you meet your objectives.
- One of the world’s top engineering colleges with 13 undergraduate and graduate programs ranked in the Top 5 $40M+ of corporate sponsored research per year
- $239M in research expenditures for 2000+ research projects per year
- 400+ faculty who are the most cited in the world, according to Thomson Reuters
- 30+ companies founded by faculty and students
- Top 10 in the country for venture capital investments per capita
- Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors and winners of the American Ingenuity Award
- 120+ companies in our adjacent top-ranked Research Park
- Start-up assistance through University owned EnterpriseWorks incubator, named as one of Inc Magazine's "Top 3 College Town Incubators"
$75M+ in multidisciplinary research expenditures
This has more than tripled in less than a decade, including translational research in:
- Advanced materials and manufacturing
- Biomedical technology and devices
- Energy technologies
- Data analytics and computing
60+ laboratories, research centers, and institutes