2019 College of Engineering Convocation
December 21, 2019
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the Engineering Graduation Convocation Coordinator, Jennifer Sans, at (217) 333-3528 or at email@example.com. Please refer back to our website for future convocation dates as information will be updated as it is received.
*By registering to participate in the College of Engineering convocation ceremony,
you are expected to stay for its entirety.
December Convocation Registration
In order to participate in the College of Engineering Graduation Convocation ceremony you must complete the following three steps:
1. You must register.
Register here to participate in the College of Engineering Convocation ceremony. The sign-up period is between October 7 and November 20.
2. You must have a cap and gown.
You must place your cap and gown order online before 10:00 p.m. CST on November 20 at herffjones.com/illinois. Alternately, if you are unable to order via the Web, you may order regalia in the Author's Corner of the Illini Union Bookstore on Monday, November 11, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. If you do not order by November 20, you can place a late order on the website from November 21-December 1 by 10:00 p.m. CST, but you will incur a $20 late fee with your order due at pick up. Students will need to provide payment when they place their orders online. Orders may be cancelled up until December 1 by calling Patty Storie at 314-369-6668 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will not be able to cancel an order by returning to the Herff Jones website.
Students who do not place an online order by December 1 will have to go to distribution at the Illini Union Bookstore beginning December 18th to see if any extra gowns are available. There will be a late fee. Cash and credit card accepted.
3. You must pick up guest tickets.
Graduates can pick up to four guest tickets in 206 Engineering Hall. If you are an online student, please email Jennifer Sans email@example.com to make arrangements to mail or have a friend pick up the tickets for you.
Registration is open October 7 - November 20, 2019
Receiving Your Degree
You must declare your intent to graduate with the College of Engineering. This is normally done at the same time you register for your final semester of classes through the student registration system. If you do not complete this step, your name will not appear on the pending degree list, you will not receive information regarding the Graduation Ceremonies, and the date of your degree award and diploma could be delayed.
- If you are a Bachelor of Science student and you have not declared your intent to graduate by the tenth day of class of the semester you plan to graduate, you must contact the Engineering Undergraduate Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-333-2280.
- Beginning this year, if you are part of a 5-year BS/MS or MENG program, you will only be able to walk in a convocation/commencement ceremony if you have completed the program entirely. You would walk as an MS graduate. If you are part of a 5-year program and are finishing your BS portion this semester, you cannot walk until your MS is completed. A joint degree program is a campus approved program in which a student concurrently pursues two specifically identified degrees, and those degrees are conferred simultaneously. For graduate students this is a combination of a graduate degree with one of the following: another graduate degree, an undergraduate degree or a professional degree.
- If you are a graduate student, please contact your department.