Mechanical Engineering Curriculum Map Prior to Fall 2021
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Years Prior to 2021-2022
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). ME 170 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- ME 470 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- ME 470 is taken either the first or second semester of the fourth year, according to the student's UIN (FA if UIN is even and SP if UIN is odd). MechSE elective is taken the other semester.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://mechanical.illinois.edu/undergraduate/bs-mechanical-engineering
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.