Mechanical Engineering Curriculum Map
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- The curriculum sequence mapped above is a suggested sequence, as all College of Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs.
- Rhet 105 is taken either the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (RHET 105 in Spring if your UIN is Odd). ME 170 is taken the other semester.
- ME 470 is taken either the first or second semester of the fourth year, according to the student's UIN (FA if UIN is even and SP if UIN is odd). MechSE elective is taken the other semester.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://mechanical.illinois.edu/undergraduate/bs-mechanical-engineering
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.