Industrial Engineering Curriculum Map Prior to Fall 2022
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Years Prior to 2022-2023
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|Fall First Year
|Spring First Year
|Fall Second Year
|Spring Second Year
|Fall Third Year
|Spring Third Year
|Fall Fourth Year
|Spring Fourth Year
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). SE 101 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- The combination of SE 494 and SE 495 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- Students planning to take CS 225 or CS 411 as their CS elective should take CS 125 in place of CS 101.
- SE 494 and SE 495 are to be taken based on the student's UIN (Odd UIN is Spring; Even is Fall). These courses also complete the Advanced Composition requirement. All courses in the freshman, sophomore, and junior year should be completed prior to enrollment. Specific prerequisites are: SE 261, SE 290, IE 310, and the IE technical elective (these courses are to be completed prior to enrollment in SE 494 and SE 495).
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://ise.illinois.edu/undergraduate/industrial-engineering-degree/
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.