Electrical Engineering Curriculum Map Fall 2021
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Year 2021-2022
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). General Education Elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- Students must take 6 hours from the campus General Education Social and Behavioral Sciences list, 6 hours from campus General Education Humanities and the Arts list, and 6 hours from a liberal education list approved by the college or from the campus General Education lists for Social and Behavioral Sciences or Humanities and the Arts. Students must also complete the campus cultural studies requirement by completing (i) one western/comparative culture(s) course, (ii) one non-western culture(s) course, and (iii) one U.S. Minority Culture(s) course from the General Education cultural studies lists. Most students select general education courses that simultaneously satisfy these cultural studies requirements.
- Technical elective credits totaling 32 hours, selected from department approved list. 6 hours of non ECE courses and 20 hours of ECE courses
- STAT 410 may be substituted
- ECE 496 and ECE 499 may be substituted. Advanced Composition may be satisfied by completing ECE 445 or a course in either the general education or free elective categories which has the Advanced Composition designation.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit ECE's website.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.