Electrical Engineering Curriculum Map Fall 2022
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Year 2022-2023
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- MATH 220 may be substituted. MATH 220 is appropriate for students with no background in calculus. 4 of 5 credit hours count towards degree.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if UIN is Odd). General Education Elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at Degree andGeneral Education Requirements under Written Communication Requirement.
- External transfer students take ENG 300.
- Additional coursework, subject to the Grainger College of Engineering restrictions to Free Electives, so that there are at least 128 credit hours earned toward the degree.
- General education: Students must complete the Campus General Education requirements including the campus general education language requirement. ECE 445 or combination of ECE 496 & ECE 499 satisfies a technical core requirement and the Campus General Education Advanced Composition requirement.
- MATH 416 may be taken instead.
- Technical Elective credits totaling 31 hours, selected from dept approved list.
- STAT 410 may be substituted.
- Combination of ECE 496 and ECE 499 may be substituted.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.