Civil Engineering Curriculum Map Prior to Fall 2021
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). SE 101 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- BTW 261 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- Technical courses totaling 34 hours, selected from dept approved list, Five courses (min 15 hours) are core courses and six courses (min 18 hours) are advanced technical electives.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://cee.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/curriculum.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.