Civil Engineering Curriculum Map Prior to Fall 2021
Curriculum Maps by Academic Catalog Year
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Years Prior to 2021-2022
Static version of curriculum map available here.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). SE 101 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- BTW 261 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- Technical courses totaling 34 hours, selected from dept approved list, Five courses (min 15 hours) are core courses and six courses (min 18 hours) are advanced technical electives.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://cee.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/curriculum.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.