Physics Curriculum Map Fall 2022
Curriculum Maps by Academic Catalog Year
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Year 2022-2023
Static version of curriculum map available here.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Fall First Year||Spring First Year||Fall Second Year||Spring Second Year||Fall Third Year||Spring Third Year||Fall Fourth Year||Spring Fourth Year|
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- MATH 220 may be substituted. MATH 220 is appropriate for students with no background in calculus. 4 of 5 credit hours count towards degree.
- External transfer students take ENG 300.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if UIN is Odd). General Education Elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at Degree and General Education Requirements under Written Communication Requirement.
- General Education: Students must complete the Campus General Education requirements including the campus general education Language requirement.
- Students can substitute CS 124.
- Track Elective credits, selected from department approved list.
- MATH 285 may be replaced by both MATH 441 and MATH 442.
- Additional coursework, subject to the Grainger College of Engineering restrictions to Free Electives, so that there are at least 128 credit hours earned toward the degree. The number of free elective hours varies depending upon the total hours earned in Flexible Physics Electives, Physics Lab Electives, and Program Track.
- PHYS 485 may be substituted.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.