Computer Science Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). General Education Elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- Students can choose from departmentally approved science elective for 3 credit hours.
- Technical elective credits totaling 24 hours, selected from dept approved list. Beyond that, students can take 400 Level Electives from the dept approved list.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://cs.illinois.edu/academics/degree-program-options/bs-computer-science-engineering
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.