Bioengineering Curriculum Map Prior to Fall 2022
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Years Prior to 2022-2023
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). General Education Elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- BIOE 198 MI (2 hours) is an option as a curriculum modification for CS 101. Students can take the course in Spring year 1.
- BIOE 200 (1 hour) is an option for a free elective at this point – taken in Fall sophomore year
- Prerequisite for BIOE 414 is either BIOE 205, ECE 205, or ECE 210.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://bioengineering.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate/programs/.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.