Bioengineering Curriculum Map
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- The curriculum sequence mapped above is a suggested sequence, as all College of Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs.
- Rhet 105 is taken either the first of second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (RHET 105 in Spring if your UIN is Odd). MCB 150 is taken the other semester.
- It is strongly encouraged students take BIOE 100 in Fall freshmen year in order to develop an introductory understanding of the Bioengineering program and field.
- BIOE 198 MI (2 hours) is an option as a curriculum modification for CS 101. Students can take the course in Spring year 1.
- BIOE 200 (1 hour) is an option for a free elective at this point – taken in Fall sophomore year
- BIOE 298 AMS (1 hour) is an option for a free elective at this point – taken in Spring sophomore year
- Prerequisite for BIOE 414 is either BIOE 205, ECE 205 or ECE 210.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://bioengineering.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate/programs/.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.