Bioengineering Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). General Education Elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- BIOE 198 MI (2 hours) is an option as a curriculum modification for CS 101. Students can take the course in Spring year 1.
- BIOE 200 (1 hour) is an option for a free elective at this point – taken in Fall sophomore year
- Prerequisite for BIOE 414 is either BIOE 205, ECE 205, or ECE 210.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://bioengineering.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate/programs/.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.