Bioengineering Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Year 2022-2023
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- MATH 220 may be substituted. MATH 220 is appropriate for students with no background in calculus. 4 of 5 credit hours count towards degree.
- External transfer students take ENG 300.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if UIN is Odd). MCB 150 is taken in the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at Degree and General Education Requirements under Written Communication Requirement.
- General education: Students must complete the Campus General Education requirements including the campus general education language requirement.
- Students choose whether to take BIOE 198 (MI) in second semester or CS 101 or CS 124 in third semester.
- Additional coursework, subject to the Grainger College of Engineering restrictions to Free Electives, so that there are at least 128 credit hours earned toward the degree.
- Track elective credits totaling 15 hours, selected from department approved list.
- Prerequisite for BIOE 414 is either BIOE 205, ECE 205 or ECE 210.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.