COVID-19 Update: Research-Driven Initiatives
November 12, 2020 | 7:00 - 8:00 PM
In November 2020, Dean Rashid Bashir moderated a virtual discussion with expert Illinois faculty on the college's COVID-19 research initiatives. We held similar COVID-19 research webinars in May as the virus was first emerging, and this served as an update on our current COVID-19 research areas. Topics included epidemic modeling, face shields and N95 respirators, the university's Safer Illinois mobile app, and a new mobile prototype of the U of I's testing program called mobileSHIELD.
To view the webinar on MediaSpace, click here.
- Epidemic Modeling - Professor Carolyn Beck of the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering
- Face Shields and N95 Respirators - Professor Jeremy Guest of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Safer Illinois - Professor Sanjay Patel of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- mobileSHIELD - Professor Abigail Wooldridge of the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering
- You can read more about our response to the COVID-19 pandemic here.
How you can help during the COVID-19 pandemic:
As we continue to address the challenges, both new and those we can't anticipate, we encourage you to direct your support to The Grainger Engineering Priority Fund, which provides vital, unrestricted support that allows the college to strategically invest in critical initiatives, including how we respond in times of global crisis. Learn More