Computer Engineering Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). General Education Elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- Advanced Composition may be satisfied by completing ECE 445 or ECE 496 and ECE 499 or a course within either the general education or free elective categories which has the Advanced Composition designation.
- Technical elective credits totaling 27 hours, selected from department approved list. 1 course from the approved list of EE Foundations Courses, 3 courses from the approved list of Advanced Computing Electives, and ECE 411. More information here.
- Math 213 may be substituted for CS 173.
- STAT 410 may be substituted
- ECE 411 may be substituted with ECE 445 or (ECE 496 and ECE 499).
- For more details about the curriculum, visit ECE's Website.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.