ABE Biological Engineering Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). SE 101 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- ABE 469 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- Students can take TAM 210 or TAM 211. The extra hour of credit for this course may be used to help meet free elective requirements.
- Students may take this course for 4 credit hours; the extra hour may be used to help meet free elective requirements.
- Agricultural and biological engineering technical elective. Students must complete 15 hours of Technical Electives, chosen in consultation with an advisor. At least 8 hours must be Agricultural and Biological Engineering Technical Electives. Must complete at least one course with a laboratory component.
- Biological and natural sciences elective. Students must complete 6 hours from the approved list of Biological and Natural Sciences Electives.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.