ABE Agricultural Engineering Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). SE 101 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- ABE 469 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- Students can take TAM 210 or TAM 211. The extra hour of credit for this course may be used to help meet free elective requirements.
- Biological and natural sciences elective. Students must complete 6 hours from the approved list of Biological and Natural Sciences Electives.
- Students can choose from CEE 202, IE 300, ABE 440, or STAT 400
- Students can choose from TAM 335, ChBE 421, or ME 310
- Agricultural and biological engineering technical elective. Students must complete 15 hours of Technical Electives, chosen in consultation with an advisor. At least 8 hours must be Agricultural and Biological Engineering Technical Electives.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.