Online Course Catalog
TE 466 ONL - High-Tech Venture Marketing - (Must Attend Live Weekly Lectures!)
|High-Tech Venture Marketing||ONL||57703||ONL||2||-||Shahbaz S. Gill|
(This course is synchronous/live and students are required to attend class on Fridays from 2:00pm - 3:50pm each week!)
This course covers how to properly segment the market and target the right customer(s), differentiate the product/service offerings, formulate pricing and distribution channels, and form the alliances and network relationships necessary for dynamic, global marketplaces. This course focuses on these issues for start-up companies selling technology-based products and integrates the impact of strategic marketing decisions on the financial performance of the enterprise.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand entrepreneurial marketing,
- apply entrepreneurial marketing principles to high-tech industry,
- develop a working vocabulary regarding these subjects and to become familiar with theories and concepts regarding them, and
- understand and discuss the application of course concepts to real world high-tech marketing.
To achieve the objectives, you will:
- read and analyze textbook material and business articles throughout term,
- create your own personal/professional brand strategy,
- participate in a pricing simulation,
- create a marketing plan, and
- participate in quizzes and exams to evaluate your understanding of the material presented in this course.
2 hours (counts toward the Strategic Technology Management or the Business Management for Engineers certificate)
Senior undergraduate standing or an undergraduate degree.
- Engineering Management and Technology Entrepreneurship