- Purdue University, West Lafayette, M.S in Computer Science -2016
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ph.D. in Computer Science - 2019
- Teaching Assistant Professor, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Computer Science, 2022-Present.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Computer Science, 2019-2022
My teaching philosophy focuses on helping students construct the link between abstract concepts and practice while minimizing the cognitive load. To that end, my teaching approach builds on the idea of opening, extending, and closing circles of communication, i.e., reciprocal discussions with students. For instance, when teaching a new topic, I approach the challenge as a series of circles of communication where each circle focuses on one solution stage. In my experience, I found the reciprocal nature of this approach lends itself to incremental learning that effectively links concepts and applications.
Recent Courses Taught
- CS 101 - Intro Computing: Engrg & Sci