Luciano Alves de Oliveira
- PhD. Agricultural Engineering, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2019
- MSc. Agricultural Engineering, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2015
- BSc. Agricultural Engineering, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2012
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2013-2018
- Graduate Research Assistant, USMARC ARS/USDA, Clay Center - NE, 2018-2019
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Biological Systems Engineering Department, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2019-2020
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Crop Sciences Department, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2020-2023
- Assistant Professor, Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2023-present
- Water Management
- Water Quality
- Drainage and Irrigation
- Livestock Waste Management
- Sensors and Automation
Books Authored or Co-Authored (Original Editions)
Selected Articles in Journals
- OLIVEIRA, LA, DOUGHERTY, H, COOKE, RC, MAXWELL, BM, HELMERS, MJ, BIRGAND, F, PITTELKOW, CM, CHRISTIANSON, RD, CHRISTIANSON, LE. (2023). Aspect ratio and horizontal baffles impact hydraulic performance of full-size denitrifying bioreactors. Ecological Engineering. , Volume 189, 2023, 106912, ISSN 0925-8574
- OLIVEIRA, LA, MIRANDA, JH, COOKE, R. (2018). Water management for sugarcane and corn under future climate scenarios in Brazil. AGRICULTURAL WATER MANAGEMENT, v. 201, p. 199-206, 2018
- OLIVEIRA, LA, MIRANDA, JH, GRECCO, KL, TORNISIELO, VL, WOODBURY, BL. (2019). Atrazine movement in corn cultivated soil using HYDRUS-2D: A comparison between real and simulated data. Journal of environmental management, 248, 109311, 1-11.
- OLIVEIRA, LA, MIRANDA, JH, WOODBURY, BL., STROMMER, BS. (2020). Using electromagnetic induction technology to identify atrazine leaching potential at field scale. Geoderma. 375, 114525, 1-11.
- OLIVEIRA, LA, MUNOZ VENTURA, A, PREZA-FONTES, G, GREER, KD, PITTELKOW, CM, BHATTARAI, R, CHRISTIANSON, R, CHRISTIANSON, L. (2022). Assessing the concept of control points for dissolved reactive phosphorus losses in subsurface drainage. Journal of Environmental Quality, 1-13.