New Student Registration (NSR): First-Year

New Student Registration (NSR) takes place June – mid July and the week before classes start for the fall semester. Departments offer advising on certain dates during this time period.  The dates you see when you sign-up via your Admitted Student Checklist are the dates your department offers. If you are interested in registering for summer classes at UIUC you must submit a Term Change form via your MyIllini account. It has to be approved by The Office of Admission and your Registration Date has to occur before summer classes start.

Contact Information

New Student Registration is facilitated by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA) and your college (The Grainger College of Engineering). You will receive emails (to your account) at any time from representatives from either of these offices. 

Office of Undergraduate Admission - New Student Registration Resource Page
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:

  • To sign up for date/reschedule
  • To resolve scheduling conflict with the dates offered for registration
  • To resolve technical issues with your MyIllini Account and/or placement test
  • To submit AP/IB/A-level scores and transcripts

For all other questions, please contact Grainger First-Year Experience at


Campus Resources

Disability Resources & Education Services (DRES)

The mission of DRES is to ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are afforded an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the programs, services and activities of the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign through the identification and enactment of reasonable modifications to institutional policies and procedures, the provision of effective auxiliary aids and services, the establishment of innovative educational services, and the pursuit of interdisciplinary disability research.

Learn more

Office of Dean of Students (ODOS)

A central place for all life events and questions. The Office of the Dean of Students seeks to facilitate the integration of the academic experience of students with all aspects of university and student life. The Office facilitates interactions among students, faculty and staff to promote a campus climate which supports students' academic success and their personal and professional development. 

Learn more

McKinley Health Center (MHC)

Using McKinley couldn't be easier. If you're sick and think you need to visit McKinley, in most cases you'll start by contacting Dial-A-Nurse at 217-333-2700. This health care professional will answer many of your questions and suggest a course of action including scheduling an appointment if indicated. You can also schedule an appointment yourself on-line or by phone

Learn more

Counseling Center 

The Counseling Center is committed to providing a range of services intended to help students develop improved coping skills in order to address emotional, interpersonal, and academic concerns. The Counseling Center provides individual, couples, and group counseling. All of these services are paid for through the health services fee. The Counseling Center offers primarily short-term counseling, but we do provide referrals to the community when students could benefit from longer term services.

Learn more