MatSE Biomaterials Curriculum Map
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- The curriculum sequence mapped above is a suggested sequence, as all College of Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs.
- Rhet 105 is taken either the first of second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (RHET 105 in Spring if your UIN is Odd). Liberal Education Elective is taken the other semester.
- MSE 183 is an optional course highly recommended for freshmen, who may use it to help meet free elective requirements.
- The replacement of IE 300 with STAT 400 is not allowed for students in the Biomaterials Area unless one of their biomaterials area topical lectures and one of their topical lectures outside the biomaterials area are deemed by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) to be an engineering course. The extra hour of credit for STAT 400 may be used to help meet free elective requirements.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://matse.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/undergraduate-curriculum
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.