Engineering Mechanics Curriculum Map Fall 2022
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a sample sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation. Before reviewing the maps below, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced in the maps below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
Academic Catalog Year 2022-2023
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
|Fall First Year
|Spring First Year
|Fall Second Year
|Spring Second Year
|Fall Third Year
|Spring Third Year
|Fall Fourth Year
|Spring Fourth Year
Before reviewing the links, students should find their effective Academic Catalog Year. When clicking any links referenced below that take students to the Academic Catalog Year pages, they should be mindful of which Academic Catalog year is displayed.
- MATH 220 may be substituted. MATH 220 is appropriate for students with no background in calculus. 4 of 5 credit hours count towards degree.
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (SP if UIN is odd). ME 170 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at Degree and General Education Requirements under Written Communication Requirement.
- External transfer students take ENG 300.
- Additional coursework, subject to the Grainger College of Engineering restrictions to Free Electives, so that there are at least 128 credit hours earned toward the degree.
- CS 124 or ECE 220 may be substituted.
- General Education: Students must complete the Campus General Education requirements including the campus general education language requirement. ME 470 and TAM 324 will each satisfy a core course requirement and the Campus General Education Advanced Composition requirement.
- ECE 110 and either ECE 210 or ECE 211 may be substituted.
- ME 470 is taken either the first or second semester of the fourth year, according to the student's UIN (FA if UIN is odd, SP if UIN is even). Secondary Field Elective is taken the other semester.
- Secondary Field Electives totaling 12 hours, selected from department approved list or pre-approved by your departmental academic advisor.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.