Engineering Mechanics Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). ME 170 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- The combination of TAM 324 and ME 470 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- ME 470 is taken either the first or second semester of the fourth year, according to the student's UIN (FA if UIN is even and SP if UIN is odd). MechSE elective is taken the other semester.
- Secondary Field Electives totaling 12 hours, selected from dept approved list or pre-approved by your departmental academic advisor.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://mechanical.illinois.edu/undergraduate/bs-engineering-mechanics#emreqs
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.