Aerospace Curriculum Map
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- The curriculum sequence mapped above is a suggested sequence, as all College of Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs.
- Rhet 105 is taken either the first of second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (RHET 105 in Spring if your UIN is Odd). Liberal Education Elective is taken the other semester.
- Stat 400 can be substituted for IE 300
- AE 442 and AE 443 sequence satisfies the Gen Ed Advanced Composition Requirement
- Technical elective credits totaling 12 hours, selected from dept approved list
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://aerospace.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate/curriculum.
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
Kevin Burns, '18
I currently work at Boeing as a Structural Analysis Engineer...on the P-8 Poseidon program. This is a 737 developed for the U.S. Navy that is used for maritime reconnaissance and tracking submarine activity in the world’s oceans. Much of what I do expands upon the material I learned in my aerospace structures classes [at Illinois].