Online Course Catalog
ME 598 ECO - Electronics Cooling
|Electronics Cooling||ECO||32264||ONL||4||-||L. Winston Zhang|
Syed Angkan Haider
This course covers:
- Introduction to microelectronics packaging from chip to system levels and the challenging thermal issues. Introducing concepts such as junction temperature, heat flux density and Moore’s Law.
- Fundamentals of various heat transfer modes and fluid mechanics with applications to microelectronics cooling systems.
- Thermal design of microelectronics systems:
- Air cooling
- Liquid cooling
- Two-phase cooling
- Other advanced cooling systems
- Thermal design of microelectronics systems with heat pipe technology:
- Heat pipe theory & design
- Heat pipe manufacturing
- Heat pipe applications in microelectronics cooling systems
- Other advanced electronics cooling technologies:
- Loop heat pipe
- Loop thermosyphon
- Pulsating heat pipe
Undergraduate degree as well as ME310 and ME320.
- Mechanical Science and Engineering