Theresa Ann Saxton-Fox
For more information
- Ph. D. Mechanical Engineering, California Institute of Technology 2018. PhD Thesis Title: ``Coherent structures, their interactions, and their effects on passive scalar transport and aero-optic distortion in a turbulent boundary layer.'' Advisor: Beverley McKeon
- M. S. Mechanical Engineering, California Institute of Technology 2013
- B. S. Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2012
- Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2019 - present
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Fluid Mechanics Transport Phenomena at Princeton University 2017 - 2018. Advisor: Marcus Hultmark.
- Applied Aerodynamics
- Experimental Fluid Mechanics
- Flow Control
- Laser and Optical Diagnostics
Selected Articles in Journals
- A. Laskari, T. Saxton-Fox, and B. J. McKeon. ``Spatial organisation of velocity structures for large passive scalar gradients," Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 2020.
- T. Saxton-Fox, S. Gordevey, and B. J. McKeon. ``Effect of coherent structures on aero-optic distortion in a turbulent boundary layer,'' AIAA Journal. 2019.
- T. Saxton-Fox and B. McKeon. ``Coherent structures, uniform momentum zones, and the streamwise energy spectrum in wall-bounded turbulent flows," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Rapids. 2017.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- T. Saxton-Fox, L. Ding, A. Smits, M. Hultmark. "Coherent structure deformation in a turbulent pipe flow with a spatially-developing pressure gradient," International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena Proceedings. 2019.
- L. Ding, T. Saxton-Fox, M. Hultmark, A. Smits. "Effects of pressure gradients and streamline curvature on the statistics of a turbulent pipe flow." International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena. 2019.
- A. Laskari, T. Saxton-Fox, and B. McKeon. "Organisation of velocity structures associated with large passive scalar gradients in a turbulent boundary layer." International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena Proceedings, 2019.
- T. Saxton-Fox and B. McKeon. "Modeling momentum and scalar transport in a wall-bounded turbulent flow," International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena Proceedings. 2017.
- T. Saxton-Fox and B. McKeon. "Scale interactions and 3D critical layers in wall-bounded turbulent flows," International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Proceedings. 2016.
- K. Rosenberg, T. Saxton-Fox, A. Lozano-Duran, A. Towne, and B. McKeon. "Toward low order models of wall turbulence using resolvent analysis," Proceedings of the 2016 Center for Turbulence Research Summer Program. 2016.
- T. Saxton-Fox, B. McKeon, S. Gordeyev, and A. Smith. "Aero-optical distortion as a marker of turbulent structure," International Symposium on Particle Image Velocimetry Conference Proceedings. 2015.
- A. Parthasarathy, T. Saxton-Fox. ``Generating unsteady pressure gradients using rapidly deforming surface.'' American Physical Society: Division of Fluid Dynamics. November 2019.
- AE 100 - Intro to Aerospace Engineering
- AE 311 - Incompressible Flow
- AE 598 - Modal Analysis of Fluid Flow