For More Information
Professor Gadway is an experimentalist in atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics. He received his B.A. in astronomy-physics from Colgate University in 2007, graduating summa cum laude. He went on to receive his PhD in physics from Stony Brook University in 2012, working in the group of Dominik Schneble. His thesis research focused on the properties of disordered and low-dimensional atomic quantum gases. From 2012-2014, Professor Gadway was a National Research Council postdoctoral research fellow, working in the group of Deborah Jin and Jun Ye at JILA, in Boulder, Colorado. His postdoctoral research was on strongly correlated systems of ultracold polar molecules. He joined the faculty at the University of Illinois in the fall of 2014.
Selected Articles in Journals
- Qingze Guan, Michael Highman, Eric J. Meier, Garrett R. Williams, Vito Scarola, Brian DeMarco, Svetlana Kotochigova, and Bryce Gadway. Nondestructive dispersive imaging of rotationally excited ultracold molecules. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 22, 20531 (2020).
- Wei Gou, Tao Chen, Dizhou Xie, Teng Xiao, Tian-Shu Deng, Bryce Gadway, Wei Yi, and Bo Yan. Tunable Nonreciprocal Quantum Transport through a Dissipative Aharonov-Bohm Ring in Ultracold Atoms. Physical Review Letters 124, 070402 (2020).
- Eric J. Meier*, Jackson Angâ€™ongâ€™a*, Fangzhao Alex An, and Bryce Gadway. Exploring quantum signatures of chaos on a Floquet synthetic lattice. Physical Review A 100, 013623 (2019).
- Dizhou Xie, Wei Gou, Teng Xiao, Bryce Gadway, and Bo Yan. Topological characterizations of an extended Su-Schrieffer-Heeger model. npj Quantum Information 5, Article number: 1 (2019)
- Samantha Lapp, Jackson Angâ€™ongâ€™a, Fangzhao Alex An, Bryce Gadway. Engineering tunable local loss in a synthetic lattice of momentum states. New J. Phys. 21 045006 (2019)
- Bhuvanesh Sundar, Matthew Thibodeau, Zhiyuan Wang, Bryce Gadway, Kaden Hazzard. Strings of ultracold molecules in a synthetic dimension. Physical Review A 99, 013624 (2019)
- Eric J. Meier, Fangzhao Alex An, Alexandre Dauphin, Maria Maffei, Pietro Massignan, Taylor L. Hughes, and Bryce Gadway. Observation of the topological Anderson insulator in disordered atomic wires. Science 362, 6417 (2018)
- Fangzhao Alex An, Eric J. Meier, and Bryce Gadway. Engineering a flux-dependent mobility edge in disordered zigzag chains. Physical Review X 8, 031045 (2018)
- Bhuvanesh Sundar, Bryce Gadway, and Kaden R. A. Hazzard. Synthetic dimensions in ultracold polar molecules. Scientific Reports 8, Article Number: 3422 (2018)
- Bryce Gadway. Sharpening the features of optical lattices. Physics 11, 19 (2018)
- Fangzhao Alex An, Eric J. Meier, Jackson Ang'ong'a, and Bryce Gadway. Correlated Dynamics in a Synthetic Lattice of Momentum States, Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 040407 (2018)
- Jackson Ang'ong'a and Bryce Gadway. Polarization spectroscopy of atomic erbium in a hollow cathode lamp, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 51, 045003 (2018)
- Fangzhao Alex An, Eric J. Meier, and Bryce Gadway. Diffusive and arrested transport of atoms under tailored disorder, Nature Communications 8, Article number: 325 (2017)
- Fangzhao Alex An, Eric J. Meier, and Bryce Gadway. Direct observation of chiral currents and magnetic reflection in atomic flux lattices, Science Advances 3, e1602685 (2017)
- Eric J. Meier, Fangzhao Alex An, and Bryce Gadway. Observation of the topological soliton state in the Su-Schrieffer-Heeger model, Nature Communications 7, 13986 (2016)
- Bryce Gadway and Bo Yan. Strongly interacting ultracold polar molecules, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 49, 152002 (2016)
- Eric J. Meier, Fangzhao Alex An, and Bryce Gadway. Atom-optics simulator of lattice transport phenomena, Phys. Rev. A 93, 051602(R) (2016)
- Steven A. Moses, Jacob P. Covey, Matthew T. Miecnikowski, Bo Yan, Bryce Gadway, Jun Ye, Deborah S. Jin. Creation of a low-entropy quantum gas of polar molecules in an optical lattice, Science 350, 659-662 (2015)
- Bryce Gadway. Atom-optics approach to studying transport phenomena, Phys. Rev. A 92, 043606 (2015)
- Kaden R. A. Hazzard, Bryce Gadway, Michael Foss-Feig, Bo Yan, Steven A. Moses, Jacob P. Covey, Norman Y. Yao, Mikhail D. Lukin, Jun Ye, Deborah S. Jin, and Ana Maria Rey. Many-body dynamics of dipolar molecules in an optical lattice, Phys. Rev. Lett. 113, 195302 (2014)
- Jeremy Reeves, Bryce Gadway, Thomas Bergeman, Ippei Danshita, and Dominik Schneble. Superfluid Bloch dynamics in an incommensurate optical lattice, New J. Phys. 16 065011 (2014)
- Bihui Zhu, Bryce Gadway, Michael Foss-Feig, Johannes Schachenmayer, Michael Wall, Kaden R. A. Hazzard, Bo Yan, Steven A. Moses, Jacob P. Covey, Deborah S. Jin, Jun Ye, Murray Holland, and Ana Maria Rey. Suppressing the loss of ultracold molecules via the continuous quantum Zeno effect, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 070404 (2014)
- Bo Yan, Steven A. Moses, Bryce Gadway, Jacob P. Covey, Kaden R. A. Hazzard, Ana Maria Rey, Deborah S. Jin, and Jun Ye. Observation of dipolar spin-exchange interactions with lattice-confined polar molecules, Nature 501, 521-525 (2013)
- Bryce Gadway, Jeremy Reeves, Ludwig Krinner, and Dominik Schneble. Evidence for a quantum-to-classical transition in a pair of coupled quantum rotors, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 190401 (2013)
- Bryce Gadway, Daniel Pertot, Jeremy Reeves, and Dominik Schneble. Probing an ultracold-atom crystal with matter waves, Nature Physics 8, 544 (2012)
- Bryce Gadway, Daniel Pertot, Jeremy Reeves, Matthias Vogt, and Dominik Schneble. Glassy behavior in a binary atomic mixture, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 145306 (2011)
- Bryce Gadway, Daniel Pertot, Rene Reimann, and Dominik Schneble. Superfluidity of interacting bosonic mixtures in optical lattices, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 045303 (2010)
- Daniel Pertot, Bryce Gadway, and Dominik Schneble. Collinear four-wave mixing of two-component matter waves, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 200402 (2010)
- Bryce Gadway, Daniel Pertot, Rene Reimann, Martin G. Cohen, and Dominik Schneble. Analysis of Kapitza-Dirac diffraction patterns beyond the Raman-Nath regime, Optics Express 17, 19173-19180 (2009)
- Daniel Pertot, Daniel Greif, Stephan Albert, Bryce Gadway, and Dominik Schneble. Versatile transporter apparatus for experiments with optically trapped Bose-Einstein condensates, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 42, 215305 (2009)
- Bryce R. Gadway, Enrique J. Galvez, and Francisco de Zela. Bell-inequality violations with single photons entangled in momentum and polarization, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 42, 015503 (2009)
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Jiayu Shen*, Di Luo*, Michael Highman, Bryan K. Clark, Brian DeMarco, Aida X. El-Khadra, and Bryce Gadway. (1+1)-d U(1) Quantum link models from effective Hamiltonians of dipolar molecules. Proceedings of Science â€“ PoS(LATTICE2019) 125.
- Enrique J. Galvez, Mehul Malik, Brad Melius, Bryce Gadway, and Ushnish Ray. Measurements of phase correlations between polarization entangled photons. 2007 International Conference on Quantum Information, ICQI 2007. Optical Society of America.
- NSF CAREER Award recipient (2020)
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award recipient, UIUC (2018)
- AFOSR Young Investigator Research Program award recipient (2018)
- Postdoctoral fellowship, National Research Council (NRC) (2012-2014)
- President's Award to Distinguished Doctoral Students, Stony Brook University (2013)
- Leroy Apker Award, American Physical Society (2007)
Recent Courses Taught
- PHYS 211 - University Physics: Mechanics
- PHYS 213 - Univ Physics: Thermal Physics
- PHYS 214 - Univ Physics: Quantum Physics
- PHYS 598 AQG - Special Topics in Physics