For More Information
Prof. Kou's work is at the interface between condensed matter physics and quantum information science, with a focus on topological materials. Her research uses superconducting circuits and scanned probe microscopies to build and investigate topological materials.
Post-Doctoral Research Opportunities
We are looking for postdocs to work on superconducting qubits and/or sensing of topological materials.
Graduate Research Opportunities
We are looking for students to work on building superconducting circuits for sensing topological materials.
- Topological materials
- Quantum simulation
- Hybrid superconducting circuits
Selected Articles in Journals
- A. Bargerbos, W. Uilhoorn, J. G. Kroll, C.-K. Yang, P. Krogstrup, L. P. Kouwenhoven, G. de Lange, B. van Heck, A. Kou. Observation of vanishing charge dispersion of a nearly open superconducting island. Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 246802 (2020).
- M. Pita-Vidal, A. Bargerbos, D. van Woerkom, C.-K. Yang, B. van Heck, P. Krogstrup, L. P. Kouwenhoven, G. de Lange, A. Kou. A gate-tunable, field-compatible fluxonium. Phys. Rev. Appl. 14, 064038 (2020).
- W. C. Smith, A. Kou, X. Xiao, U. Vool, M. H. Devoret. Superconducting circuit protected by two-Cooper-pair tunneling. npj Quantum Inf. 6, 8 (2020).
- U. Vool, A. Kou, W. C. Smith, N. E. Frattini, K. Serniak, P. Reinhold, I. M. Pop, S. Shankar, L. Frunzio, S. M. Girvin, M. H. Devoret. Driving forbidden transitions in the fluxonium artificial atom. Phys. Rev. Appl. 9, 054046 (2018).
- A. Kou, W. C. Smith, U. Vool, R. T. Brierley, H. Meier, L. Frunzio, S. M. Girvin, L. I. Glazman, M. H. Devoret. A fluxonium-based artificial molecule with a tunable magnetic moment. Phys. Rev. X 7, 031037 (2017).
- H. Meier, R. T. Brierley, A. Kou, S. M. Girvin, L. I. Glazman. Signatures of quantum phase transitions in the dynamic response of fluxonium qubit chains. Phys. Rev. B 92, 064516 (2015).
Recent Courses Taught
- PHYS 102 - College Physics: E&M & Modern
- PHYS 212 - University Physics: Elec & Mag