AI Research Initiatives
2/12/2021 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
In February, Dean Rashid Bashir moderated a virtual discussion with expert Illinois faculty on the college's AI research initiatives. You can find a similar conversation we hosted on quantum research initiatives here. Both webinars include faculty presentations followed by a live Q&A.
You can adjust your video settings by hovering over the video and clicking the buttons that appear on the right side of the screen.
To view the recording on MediaSpace, click here.
- Presentation slides
- AI Challenges and Opportunities - Professor Tandy Warnow of the Department of Computer Science
- AI for Molecular Discovery - Professor Huimin Zhao of the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- AI for Agricultural Innovation - Professor Vikram Adve of the Department of Computer Science
- Trusted AI - Karrie Karahalios of the Department of Computer Science
- Institutes discussed during the event
- C3.AI Digital Transformation Institute - a research consortium dedicated to accelerating the benefits of artificial intelligence for business, government, and society.
- Molecule Maker Lab Institute (MMLI) - an NSF funded institute bringing together leaders in AI and biological and chemical synthesis to collaboratively create frontier AI tools, dynamic open access databases, and fast and broadly accessible small molecule manufacturing and discovery platforms.
- AI Institute for Future Agricultural Resilience, Management and Sustainability (AIFARMS Institute) - an NSF and NIFA funded institute to advance research in computer vision, machine learning, and soft-object manipulation and intuitive human-robot interaction to solve major agricultural challenges.
Our Roadmap for the Future:
In May 2020 we launched our college's strategic plan. This plan is foundational to how we prioritize initiatives and will guide our future decisions. Learn more
Make an impact with Grainger Engineering:
You can play an important role in allowing the college to strategically invest in critical initiatives and advance our work by contributing to the Grainger Engineering Priority Fund, which provides this vital, unrestricted support. Learn More