Robert Henry Page
Chairman, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University Heights Campus, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, 1951
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, 1955
After receiving his doctorate, Dr. Page became a research engineer at the Esso Research and Engineering Company, Linden, New Jersey. In 1957 he joined the faculty of the Stevens Institute of Technology where he was professor of mechanical engineering and director of the Fluid Mechanics Laboratory. He was appointed to his present position at Rutgers University in 1961.
Dr. Page has earned a reputation as an exceptional teacher and administrator and has gained international recognition as one of the country's leading authorities in the field of separated flows, viscous mixing, and related fluid dynamics mixing.
Recognition of his skill and achievements as a teacher and a leader of teachers is evidenced by his being awarded the ASEE-Western Electric Award for Excellence in Engineering Education in 1968 and the Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Rutgers Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching in 1970. He is a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and a member of numerous professional and honorary societies.
Current as of 1973.