Tuition, Fees, and Funding
Tuition and Fees
A Master’s in Engineering is by all accounts a solid investment. By combining the core technical training with business and leadership skills, the Professional Master’s Programs in Engineering will maximize the value on investment.
Tuition for Professional Master’s Programs in Engineering follows the Graduate and Professional Tuition rate for Engineering on the Office of the Registrar website.
NOTE: Some programs have an additional program fee. Please refer to your specific degree program for details.
Tuition does not include books, living expenses, and University of Illinois fees, i.e. health insurance and facilities fees. For more information, visit the Office of the Registrar website.
Most of our Professionally-oriented Master’s Degree programs are self-funded where students are responsible for paying their tuition and fees. Students in these programs are not eligible for Board of Trustee (BOT) tuition-waiver-generating assistantships at the University of Illinois. Please consult your specific degree program for more information.
Students are encouraged to visit the Office of Student Financial Aid as well as these external resources:
- Group private and federal loans available to all students with U.S. co-signer – www.accessgroup.org
- FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Federal School Code: 001775) – www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Graduate Student Loans – https://www.salliemae.com/
International Student Resources
- University of Illinois Financial Aid Resources – www.osfa.illinois.edu/types-of-aid/international-students
- Financial Aid for International Students – www.edupass.org/finaid
- Institute of International Education – www.iie.org
- International Education Finance Corporation –www.ifc.org/wps/connect/corp_ext_content/ifc_external_corporate_site/home
- International Education Financial Aid – www.iefa.org
- International Students – www.internationalstudents.org
- International Scholarships – www.internationalscholarships.com/
Other Helpful Links