Holly McIlwee Golecki
Teaching Assistant Professor
3134 Everitt Lab
For more information
- PhD. Engineering Sciences, Harvard University
- MS, Materials Science and Engineering, Drexel University
- BS, Materials Science and Engineering, Drexel University
- Engineering Education
- Mechanics of Biomaterials
- Soft Robotics
- Research in BME Education
Chapters in Books
- H.A. McIlwee, J.D. Schiffman, M.D. Cathell, C.L. Schauer, "Deposition of Chitosan: Electrospinning and Thin Films" in Current Research and Developments on Chitin and Chitosan in Biomaterials Science. R. Jayakumar and M. Prabaharan, Eds., Research Signpost, Kerala (2008) 81-122. Invited.
Selected Articles in Journals
- A.N. Sardesai, X.M. Segel, M.N. Baumholtz, Y. Chen, R. Sun, B.W. Schork, R. Buonocore, K.O. Wagner, H.M. Golecki, Design and Characterization of Edible Soft Robotic Candy Actuators. MRS Advances. July 2018, DOI: 10.1557/adv.2018.557
- C.O. Chantre P.H. Campbell, H.M. Golecki, A.T. Buganza, A.A. Capulli, L.F. Deravi1, S. Dauth, S.P. Sheehy, J.A. Paten, C.A. Higgins, K. Gledhill, Y.S. Doucet, E.H. Abaci4, J.W. Ruberti, S.P. Hoerstrup, A.M. Christiano4, K.K. Parker, Production-scale fibronectin nanofibers promote wound closure and tissue repair in a dermal mouse model. Biomaterials 166:96-108, Mar 5, 2018.
- G.M. Gonzalez, L.A. MacQueen, JU Lind, SA Fitzgibbons, C.O. Chantre, I Huggler, H.M. Golecki, J.A. Goss, K.K. Parker. Production of synthetic, para-aramid and biopolymer nanofibers by immersion rotary jet-spinning. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering. 7 October 2016; doi: 10.1002/mame.201600365.
- H. M. Golecki, H. Yuan, C. Glavin, B. Potter, M. Badrossamay, J. Goss, M.D. Phillips, K.K. Parker, “Effect of solvent evaporation on fiber morphology in rotary jet spinning.”, Langmuir. 2014 Nov 11;30(44):13369-74.
- M.R. Badrossamay, K. Balachandran, A.K. Capulli, H.M. Golecki, A. Agarwal, J.A. Goss, H. Kim, K. Shin, K.K.Parker Engineering hybrid polymer-protein super-aligned nanofibers via rotary jet spinning. Biomaterials. 2014 Mar;35(10):3188-97.
- L.F. Deravi, H.M. Golecki, and K.K. Parker. Protein-Based Textiles: Bio-Inspired and Bio-Derived Materials for Medical and Non-Medical Applications. J. Chem. Biol. Interfaces. 2013; 1(1): 25-34.
- P. Mellado*, H.A. McIlwee*, M.R. Badrossamay, J.A. Goss, L. Mahadevan, K.K. Parker. “A Simple Model for Nanofiber Formation by Rotary Jet-Spinning”. Appl Phys Lett. 2011, 99, 203107.
- M.R. Badrossamay, H.A. McIlwee, J.A. Goss, K.K. Parker, “Nanofiber Assembly by Rotary Jet-Spinning”, Nano Letters, 2010, 10 (6) 2257-2261.
- K.J. Fahnestock, M. Manesse, H.A. McIlwee, C.L. Schauer, R. Boukherroub, S. Szunerits, “Selective detection of hexachromium ions by localized surface plasmon resonance measurements using gold nanoparticles/chitosan composite interfaces”, The Analyst, 2009, 134 (5) 881-6.
- V.G. Praig, H.A. McIlwee, C.L. Schauer, R. Boukherroub, S. Szunserits, “Heavy-metal sensing utilizing localized surface plasmon resonance on gold nanoparticle-modified chitosan films”. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Invited) 2009, 9 (1) 350-7.
- H.A McIlwee, C.L. Schauer, R. Boukherroub, S. Szunerits, "Metal ion sensing on chitosan modified gold substrates using surface plasmon resonance spectroscopy" The Analyst, 2008, 133, 673-7.
- BIOE 100 - Undergraduate Open Seminar
- BIOE 120 - Introduction to Bioengineering
- BIOE 435 - Senior Design I
- BIOE 436 - Senior Design II
- BIOE 497 - Individual Study
- BIOE 498 - Soft robotics
- BIOE 598 - Soft Robotics