Brian S Mercer
Brian S Mercer
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering University of California, Los Angeles 2010
- M. S. Mechanical Engineering University of California, Berkeley 2013
- Ph. D. Mechanical Engineering University of California, Berkeley 2016
- Lecturer University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign 2018-present
- ME 371
- TAM 251
- ME 330
- Computational solid mechanics
- Finite element methods
- Multiscale modeling
- Molecular dynamics
Selected Articles in Journals
- P. Priya, B. Mercer, S. Huang, M. Aboukhatwa, L. Yuan, S. Chaudhuri. "Towards prediction of microstructure during laser based additive manufacturing process of Co-Cr-Mo powder beds". Materials & Design, Volume 196, 109117.
- B. Mercer, K. K. Mandadapu, and P. Papadopoulos. ?Novel Formulations of Microscopic Boundary-Value Problems in Multiscale Finite Element Methods? Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Volume 286, April 2015, pp. 268-292.
- B. Mercer, K. K. Mandadapu, and P. Papadopoulos. ?Homogenization of high-frequency wave propagation in linearly elastic layered media using a continuum Irving-Kirkwood theory? International Journal of Solids and Structures, Volume 96, October 2016, pp. 162-172.
- B. Mercer, E. Zywicz, and P. Papadopoulos. ?Molecular dynamics modeling of PPTA crystallite mechanical properties in the presence of defects? Polymer, Volume 114, April 2017, pp. 329-347.
- B. Mercer, E. Zywicz, and P. Papadopoulos. ?A molecular dynamics-based analysis of the influence of strain-rate and temperature on the mechanical strength of PPTA crystallites? Polymer, Volume 129, October 2017, pp. 92-104.
- Fall 2018 - List of teachers ranked as excellent by their students - ME 330
- Collins Scholar Program - Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education
- ME 330 - Engineering Materials
- ME 371 - Mechanical Design II
- TAM 251 - Introductory Solid Mechanics