Physics with Tech Electives Curriculum Map
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- The curriculum sequence mapped above is a suggested sequence, as all College of Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs.
- Rhet 105 is taken either the first of second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (RHET 105 in Spring if your UIN is Odd). Liberal Education Elective is taken the other semester.
- MATH 285 may be replaced by MATH 441 + MATH 442
- Technical/professional electives totaling between 12-22 hours, selected from dept approved list, depending on the option chosen.
- Take MATH 415 if PHYS 486 is taken OR use this for Free Elective
- Flexible physics core elective totaling 9-15 hours, selected from dept approved list, depending on courses chosen.
- MATH elective chosen from departmentally approved list and can’t be used to satisfy another requirement.
- Take either PHYS 485 or PHYS 486. If take PHYS 485, an additional free elective hour or surplus flexible physics core course offsets the one-hour credit differential.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://physics.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduates/curricula-and-programs
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.