Physics Professional Track Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). General Education Elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- MATH 285 may be replaced by MATH 441 + MATH 442
- For RE2 and RE3, students could use this to take an elective, course for a minor, additional physics courses (ex. PHYS 470, PHYS 460) or research as an independent study.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://physics.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduates/curricula-and-programs
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.