MatSE Non-Biomaterials Curriculum Map
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- The curriculum sequence mapped above is a suggested sequence, as all College of Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs.
- Rhet 105 is taken either the first of second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (RHET 105 in Spring if your UIN is Odd). Liberal Education Elective is taken the other semester.
- MSE 183 is an optional course highly recommended for freshmen, who may use it to help meet free elective requirements.
- Student can take IE 300 or STAT 400
- During fourth year, recommended to incorporate internship, co-op and research project during summers or academic semester or both.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://matse.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/undergraduate-curriculum
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.