MatSE Non-Biomaterials Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite(s) (or concurrent registration allowed if listed in the same semester)
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). General Education elective is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- The combination of MSE 307 and MSE 308 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- MSE 183 is an optional course highly recommended for freshmen, who may use it to help meet free elective requirements.
- Student can take IE 300 or STAT 400
- During fourth year, recommended to incorporate internship, co-op and research project during summers or academic semester or both.
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://matse.illinois.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/undergraduate-curriculum
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.