Karin Jeanne Jensen
For more information
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia
- B.S. in Biological Engineering, Cornell University
- Affiliate, Educational Psychology (2020-present), University of Illinois
- Teaching Assistant Professor in Bioengineering (2016-present), University of Illinois
- Lecturer in Bioengineering (2015-2016), University of Illinois
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2013-2015), Sanofi Oncology
- Drug discovery
- Cancer biology
- Systems pharmacology
- Engineering Education
- Research in BME Education
Chapters in Books
- Jensen KJ*, Bose AK*, Janes KA. (2013) Systems-engineering principles in signal transduction and cell-fate choice. In: CRC Handbook of Biomedical Engineering (eds. JD Bronzino, DR Peterson), pp 1642. CRC Press, Boca Raton.
Selected Articles in Journals
- David BM, Masood F, Jensen KJ. (2020) Development and Implementation of a Virtual Cell Culture Lab Practical for an Introductory BME Lab Course, Biomedical Engineering Education.
- Blassick CM, David BM, Jensen, PA, Jensen, KJ. (2019) Laboratory Exercise to Measure Restriction Enzyme Kinetics, Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education 20, 3.
- Wong GS, Zhou J, Liu JB, Wu Z, Xu X, Li T, Xu D, Schumacher SE, Puschof J, McFarland J, Zou C, Dulak A, Henderson L, Xu P, O’Day E, Rendak R, Liao WL, Cecchi F, Hembrough T, Schwartz S, Szeto C, Rustgi AK, Wong KK, Diehl JA, Jensen KJ, Graziaon F, Ruzzo A, Fereshetian S, Mertins P, Carr SA, Beroukhim R, Nakamura K, Oki E, Watanabe M, Baba H, Imamura Y, Catenacci D, Bass AJ. (2018) Targeting wild-type KRAS-amplified gastroesophageal cancer through combined MEK and SHP2 inhibition. Nature Medicine 24, 968-977.
- Jensen KJ*, Moyer CB*, Janes KA. (2016) Network Architecture Predisposes an Enzyme to Either Pharmacologic or Genetic Targeting. Cell Systems 2, 112-121.
- Kang BK*, Jensen KJ*, Hatch JA, Janes KA. (2013) Simultaneous profiling of 194 distinct receptor transcripts in human cells. Science Signaling 6, rs13.
- Jensen KJ, Garmaroudi FS, Zhang J, Lin J, Boroomand S, Zhang M, Luo Z, Yang D, Luo H, McManus BM, and Janes KA. (2013) An ERK–p38 subnetwork coordinates host-cell apoptosis and necrosis during coxsackievirus B3 infection. Cell Host Microbe 13, 67-76.
- Jensen KJ, Janes KA. (2012) Modeling the latent dimensions of multivariate signaling datasets. Physical Biology, 9, 045004.
- Janes KA, Wang CC, Holmberg KJ, Cabral K, Brugge JS. (2010) Identifying single-cell molecular programs by stochastic profiling. Nature Methods 7, 311-317.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), 2015-present. BMES ABET program evaluator 2018-present.
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), 2015-present. Task Force on Journals 2020-present. Member-at-large of the Commission on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 2020-present (previously Delegate, 2018-2020).
- ASEE Biomedical Engineering Division Teaching Award ( 2020)
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent (15 times) (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 )
- NSF CAREER Award ( 2019)
- Scholar Award, Women In Cancer Research (WICR), American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) (2013)
- Scholar Award, ARCS Foundation (2012)
- Research Scholar Award, Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation (2011)
- BIOE 120 - Introduction to Bioengineering
- BIOE 198 - Special Topics
- BIOE 199 - Frontiers in Cancer Research
- BIOE 202 - Cell & Tissue Engineering Lab
- BIOE 360 - Transport & Flow in Bioengrg
- BIOE 497 - Individual Study
- ENG 198 - IEFX Research